today was a relatively easy day. went to school. came home for a bit, went to little league.
light core workout
- russian twists, 15lb k-bell, 3 x 1
- 2 x 20 oblique crunches, each side
- 2 x 20 sit up twists
- 15 push ups
- 2 x 20 leg scissors
live wrestling and light drill session w/ wrestling coach with emphasis on:
- take downs
- sprawl to blast double reshot
- elbow control to high c/double
- circle to small pulls to ankle pick
- hand control
- hip space
- outside stand up
- half nelson tilt to half pin
- keep pressure w/ tight waist
- cheap tilt
Recently a lot of the matches I’ve been watching are Jordan Oliver, I really like his outside shots and its something I’m going to work on, along with ankle picks and a good single for the tie up. i feel i need to keep my elbows in when in the tie more and work elbow control, along with underhooks and the russian tie more.
John Smith’s first NCAA title. my coach recommended me to watch this because of the constant pressure he puts on his opponents and i can see why he wanted me to watch it.